Friday, April 8, 2011

Some R&R

This is the airstrip we landed on....a very interesting ride.
I invite you to go to this link....luckily this was NOT our experience.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z2o0acIlm4Our first night there the kids couldn't wait and had to play in the sand.
The kids loved the new digs
They even wanted to sleep outside the first night. ;)A quick picture before dinner
We took the kids to an awesome beach but it got a little windy...
...so we looked for shade under a treewe were at this awesome beach and the kids chose the tree over this view...i just don't get it.
We could not get brother to touch the water
Enjoying dinner in our room
It rained one morning and the kids loved it!
Exploring another beach
There is something about having your toes in the sand while you eat that makes everything taste better.
Hanging out in "Sister's Pool"...it was nice that we had a private spot
While Daddy did this the kids cried and cried b/c they thought he wasn't coming back....it was cute!
Sister played in the sand...
...while brother hung out and snacked.
The kids found a way to keep busy while mom and dad played tennis, it was only a problem when we got thirsty.
A family picture
Yup, even in paradise one can find a reason to be upset.
Brother learned very quickly that picking up that phone meant getting dinner!
This picture pretty much summarizes out trip...Sister outside being adventurous and Brother having a snack. He's not even watching TV, he's staring at a fish tank!
Eventually Brother did touch the sand......and sister did get tired.One morning I got up to watch the sunrise and had the place to myself!
The only problem with a trip like this is it doesn't make you want to come home to everyday life....I guess that is what pictures are for.

5 comments:

  1. It looks absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So where'd you go? I want to come next time! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We went to St. Barths.... I recommend it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How amazing!!! That looks like so much fun!
    We are totally going to have to go there...someday when I'm not big and pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my!! that looks like heaven!

    ReplyDelete